Saturday, January 28, 2012

Gracias Madre - San Francisco, CA

Gracias Madre is located in the Mission District of SF and its focus is to serve organic, vegan Mexican food. It's ah-mazing! I ordered the Tamal - stoneground heirloom masa steamed in the husk filled with sautéed zucchini and onions, served with beans and escabeche. Escabeche is pickled veggies. I also requested it mojado, meaning out of the corn husk and covered in sauce and cashew-based cheese sauce. For dessert, I ordered the pear cobbler with dulce de leche ice cream. I also ordered a side of collard greens topped with pumpkin seeds and a homemade ginger ale. It was an amazing meal and there's a bar to sit at, which I enjoyed since I was by myself. Another lady who was by herself sat one seat down from me and we ended up talking about the city. :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment