Wednesday, February 16, 2011

It's a Soy Day!

I can't even begin to explain how much soy I consumed today! I generally don't eat more than one soy item per day, unless I use soy milk in smoothies. At lunch, I enjoyed my leftover tofu with panang curry sauce from Thai Grand Palace. The restaurant doesn't have a website, but the menu is online here. It's convenient and delicious. With my tofu leftovers, I had some fruit and a soy yogurt from Whole Soy & Co. For dinner, I made an alfredo sauce to serve with whole grain pasta and peas. I was a little nervous to try this recipe, but VeganDad gave it a positive review. I didn't really like alfredo sauce as an omnivore so I was second-guessing why I decided to make this recipe as I was stirring the sauce. The texture looked freaky (tiny, tiny tofu particles) before I added the cornstarch. It was surprisingly not gritty in texture. I sprinkled a tiny bit of nutritional yeast and red pepper flakes on top of my pasta. The taste was pretty good, but I don't know if I'd make this again. That old bias against alfredo is still there... Anyways, I had some peanut butter blondie bars for dessert. The recipe comes from Vegan Cookies Invade Your Cookie Jar.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment