Sunday, January 16, 2011

Whole Foods Trip

I went to Whole Foods the other day to get a doughnut to celebrate re-submitting my paper to the journal – a few days ahead of schedule even! Whole Foods is the only place in town that sells vegan doughnuts. They have a raspberry jam filled doughnut, which I love, and a regular frosted doughnut. These are a special treat for me. :)


Photobucket


While I am there, I am always tempted to buy other things! I bought some Wildwood soy yogurt, tempeh, and vegetables for Jess’s dinner. However, they also have a prepared foods section that always tempts me! I bought some falafel from Aramouni’s, a local place that prepares the food for Whole Foods to sell. (I couldn’t find a website for Aramouni’s, but it appears to be a gourmet bakery and wholesale snack place based in Riveria Beach/West Palm Beach.) This falafel is way better than my two attempts and it comes with tahini sauce. I enjoyed them for lunch with the leftover blanched green beans.


Photobucket


While eyeing the falafel, I saw another little container that looked interesting. This container held a five grain and corn cashew ball. What the hell is that? Exactly. I had to buy it to taste it. It was a little weird. Not something I would buy again, but I had to try it. I had this with a sliced Gala apple and some soy yogurt.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment