Thursday, June 26, 2014

MATCH VEGAN MEAT

I bought some Match vegan meat from Rabbit Food Grocery on my February trip to Austin. I couldn't decide what to do with it, since it was ground beef style. So many choices! I decided to make tacos for the Game of Thrones season finale. The dude came over for dinner. I made the not-refried beans in Appetite for Reduction, he made the cheesy sauce from The 30 Minute Vegan, and we assembled our own tacos with chopped cherry tomatoes, sauteed onion, sauteed bell pepper, avocado cubes, shredded lettuce, and sauteed shredded carrot. I would love to try other Match products. The ground "beef" was so meaty. Even the dude was a little weirded out looking at the texture as it cooked. We used A LOT of homemade taco seasoning because it's a little bland on its own.
 photo b1d6c129-d88e-4af8-b3a0-2b6548a7cd39_zps5d48510b.jpg  photo 081c91aa-2e57-4bff-ae8c-72aabf9a2e02_zps61e55c9c.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment