Saturday, June 22, 2013

Fat-Free Alfredo

After indulging in lots of fried foods and sweets on my vacation, I didn't want to make my usual alfredo recipe because of the amount of Earth Balance in the recipe. I already had a pack of silken tofu in the fridge, although I couldn't remember why I bought it before my trip. I decided to do a Google search for fat/oil-free alfredo sauces. Many had cauliflower, which sounded good but would require a trip to the store. I found this recipe that used ingredients that I already had. I served the sauce with wheat pasta, peas (cooked in the pasta water), and chick'n strips. I bought the Kroger store brand chick'n strips. This was a quick meal to prepare and made enough to last through kickball nights.
 photo 862ebc69-598f-4fc2-9379-8a491fb97d3f_zps349b45fd.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment