Monday, May 23, 2011

Sneaky Pancakes

I like to think these are sneaky pancakes because they have beans in them instead of egg replacer powder or oil. The recipe (here) is from Melomeals: Vegan for $3.33 a Day. The site is pretty interesting because she budgets hardcore and has some food intolerances. I have been reading the blog for a while, but never made any of the recipes. Bianca recently reviewed these pancakes on VeganCrunk (here) and I figured I'd give them a try since I love brinner. I should note that I used finely ground flax instead of psyllium husk and real sugar instead of stevia. I made a tofu scramble to go with the pancakes. My tofu scramble included a red onion, an orange bell pepper, a tomato, a bunch of green onions, and lots of garlic. I used tumeric (for color), cumin, chipotle chili powder, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper for seasoning. Quite tasty, if I may say so myself. :) I took the picture while my pure maple syrup was warming up in the microwave.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment