Friday, May 27, 2011

Feels Like Summertime!

With the upcoming holiday weekend marking the unofficial beginning of summer, I've been craving some typical summer foods - BBQ and sundaes!

I used the TofuXpress to press my tofu today while I was at work. I sliced it in half to make two sheets and then cut it into triangles. I dipped it into some soymilk and rolled it in some panko breadcrumbs. After baking the tofu (400F for 30 mins), I smothered it in this BBQ sauce from VeganDad. The directions say to strain out the onion, but I nibbled on the little onion bits as taste test bites and they were quite good. If you can incorporate them into your dish or something else, go for it. :) For the macaroni and cheese, I had a bag of Daiya that I had no idea what to do with, so I melted it down with some soymilk and Earth Balance to make a cheese sauce. Not the healthiest way to make macaroni and cheese, but I am trying to use as much food as possible from my pantry before my move next week.


Photobucket


For dessert, I made a little ice cream sundae using Tofutti vanilla ice cream, a banana, some strawberries (since I hate maraschino cherries), and Hershey's syrup (yes, it's vegan!). Yum!


Photobucket


After working the last 5 or 6 weekends in a row, I'm really looking forward to this weekend! I've got a fun activity planned for each day, so I'm going to really enjoy the time off work. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment