Sunday, May 22, 2011

Childhood Favorites

This past week, I had a grilled cheese and chick'n tenders. The grilled cheese was made using Earth Balance non-hydrogenated margarine and Galaxy Foods' Vegan soy cheese slices (wanted Rice Vegan slices but couldn't find them). The chick'n tenders were by Gardein. My camera battery was dead, so I didn't get a chance to snap a picture of the meal. I also had mixed vegetables to add something healthy to the meal.

Yesterday, I made "Sloppy Joannas" using the leftover TVP from the meatloaf (here). The recipe is from Yellow Rose Recipes, hence the use of the name Joanna (the author) instead of Joe. A very similar recipe is in Vegan Diner, so I'll make that sometime in the future with the last of the TVP. In the Sloppy Joannas, I did not have mustard (the powdered spice). I did add a yellow bell pepper, because the recipe says a green bell pepper can be added. I served the Sloppy Joannas with spinach (sauteed with garlic and sprinkled with red pepper flakes) and sweet potato fries.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment