Monday, July 15, 2013

Weekend Fun

On Saturday, I went to protest the circus with Houston Animal Rights Team (read more about why here) and attended the VSOP potluck party. I made mojito chocolate chip cookies from Chloe's Vegan Desserts, but I didn't snap a photo. I forgot to add the baking powder and they still turned out well. I was also preparing cinnamon rolls from Chloe's Kitchen for a friend's housewarming party. The housewarming party was in the suburbs, so a bunch of people crashed at the friend's house. I made the cinnamon rolls because I thought it was like a grown-up slumber party. We played outdoor games like bean bag toss and giant Jenga, and then headed to a country bar. I can cross that off my Texas bucket list. Overall, a great Saturday night with friends. Yesterday, I went to Midtown for a concert. I went with a friend from the medical school that has similar taste in music. We saw Sponge, Filter, Live, and Everclear for just $10! We did get a little too much sun though because the show started late. Oh well, overall, it was a great show because Live rocked it. They sounded so much like they do on their albums, which is really impressive. My friend and I went to Tacos A Go Go for lunch and Nit Noi Thai in Midtown for dinner. By the time I got home, it was too late to go volunteer with Food Not Bombs or attend the Justice for Trayvon rally. I wish I could have done all three things on Sunday, but there are plenty of other opportunities for activism in the near future. I'm happy to be in a city with an active animal rights group again! :)
 photo db75aee0-5031-4a9a-8862-f3dde6b81de4_zpsef9282bb.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment