Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Red Lasagna

I had the ingredients in the pantry for the Red Lasagna from Hearty Vegan Meals for Monster Appetites. I had some leftover lasagna noodles, TVP, cashews, tofu, and canned tomato products. All I really needed was the onion. I only had 9 noodles instead of the 12 listed in the recipe, so I don't have a top layer of noodles like you'd normally have in lasagna. The recipe calls for sprinkling nutritional yeast and chopped nuts on top, but I used some leftover Daiya cheese in the fridge. I served a couple slices with some frozen broccoli and So Delicious PB zig zag soy ice cream. I love making a lasagna or casserole on the weekend, because I have good food ready for kickball nights. I can come home from work, microwave the leftovers, and take care of the cats before I have to leave for my game. Our sponsor bar doesn't have much that I'd want to eat.
 photo fe9756ec-5a06-4e72-ac6c-3d945b3b59ff_zpsbfa44815.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment