Sunday, January 11, 2009

Vegetable Soup & Seitan

Today, I used that broth I made yesterday to make a soup. I used a couple stalks of celery, a potato, half of a large carrot, and some green beans. I used the rest of the broth to simmer the seitan in. I think I am going to pan-fry the seitan and have a salad with it for dinner.

Soup: Would definitely make again, but in a larger quantity...

Photobucket

Seitan: This afternoon, I made it and sliced it for later. I used the recipe in How to cook everything vegetarian by Mark Bittman. I decided to pan fry in olive oil tonight for dinner. I served it with some instant mashed potatoes (I had a headache so I didn't want to make some from scratch) and a salad. The salad has organic romaine lettuce, organic rainbow chard, some cucumber, and some carrot. Everything but the romaine came from the farmers' market. :)

Photobucket



No comments:

Post a Comment