Saturday, January 10, 2009

Farmers' Market Season

So I resisted the pizza, but caved to chocolate chip cookies. Oh well, it's a start. I am a sucker for cheese, so that was shocking that I was able to resist. The Scripps people are super nice, we went to a little bar nearby after the pizza mixer. I laughed and had a lot of fun. There's another FSU alum in the group!

Today, the community started its farmers' market for the season. It is every Saturday through May. I am so excited about it. I set my alarm to wake up early to be able to go. It was so worth it! So much food, only $30!!

Homemade multigrain bread
Photobucket

Rainbow Chard - Organic
Photobucket

Adie checking out the green beans, green bell pepper, cucumbers, carrots, celery.
Photobucket

Yukon gold potatoes (organic), onion, garlic, ginger.
Photobucket

Parsley (store bought, not in season in FL), dill.
Photobucket

Homemade soaps! I want to use the bar soap, but the little ones are for decoration when I bring up the little white sherbet dish.
Photobucket

So I am no longer craving pizza so I am not going to hunt down the Follow Your Heart cheese today. Instead, I decided to make some homemade veggie broth so I can make some soups. That's why I got all the veggies. I was able to find store-brand organic extra virgin olive oil at Winn-Dixie, as well as Seventh Generation products! Those are soooo expensive in some stores, but since I use Scott's card info I can save 5% there. (His sister works at a Winn Dixie.) I needed fabric softener, so I bought some Seventh Generation fabric softener. Gotta take baby steps towards sustainability. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment