Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Creole Black-eyed Peas

I am trying to cook more from my pantry, which has a nice stockpile of dried beans. I use red beans, chickpeas, pinto beans, and black beans pretty regularly, but I don't use lentils, white beans, or black-eyed peas often. I decided to pick the black-eyed peas since I had just made the lentil chili in the previous post. I found this recipe on FatFreeVegan, which is a pretty great source of southern dishes. I enjoyed this without making rice, because I forgot to start some rice as I left the beans to simmer on the stove. I cooked the beans on low in the slow-cooker all day, then added them to the other items and left it all to simmer. I also used sriracha as the hot sauce, since I'm out of regular hot sauce.
523709_10102519058079263_1902048331_n

No comments:

Post a Comment