Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Two Pot Meal

I decided to keep it simple this weekend, because I was immersed in LSU football and The Host. Yes, nerd alert, I read the 619 page book in two days. I wanted to have some recipes to put on the stovetop and forget for a little bit. The prep work was pretty quick, so I threw everything in the pots for 40-60 mins and went back to my book. I chose the cranberry-cashew biyrani and eggplant-chickpea curry from Appetite for Reduction. I love Indian food, but these dishes could have used a pinch of cayenne pepper. I've also decided that I'm not a huge fan of eggplant. It just hasn't impressed me in the last several recipes I've tried it in. This made enough food for 3 dinners, so I will be happy to cook something new tomorrow.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment