Friday, December 23, 2011

200th Post

This is my 200th post! I know I said that I'd be back after Christmas, but I finally have some time to post.

My grandfather (my dad's dad) died on the 10th from cancer. The doctors thought he had multiple types of cancer at the same time, not just one original tumor that had metastasized. His funeral was on the 15th. My dad had a really strained relationship with my grandpa, so the funeral was really upsetting to me. I don't want to go into this any further on this blog, but it was a really emotional day. While at the cemetery, my sister and I tried to find my great-grandma's grave (my dad's mom's mom). We couldn't find it, but it would have been nice to stop by her resting place.

I have some photos of Whole Foods goodies from one of my last trips before coming home. I have been doing some work from home, as well as recovering from a few days of flu. I feel pretty great today, so here are some photos!

Falafel, dolmas (stuffed grape leaves), and cream-filled donut.

Photobucket


Samosas - Indian potato and peas inside a fried dough pocket, just re-heat in the oven!

Photobucket


Pizza!! - pre-made Rustic Crust, Muir Glen pizza sauce, Sunergia soy feta, nutritional yeast, baby bella mushrooms (in brown paper bag), Kalamata olives, garlic, green bell pepper, onion, and cherry tomato halves

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment