Tuesday, June 12, 2012

More Cheesy Foods

I decided to make a pizza last Friday. I had a rough couple days, so I spent the afternoon with my sister. After coming home, I gathered up all the pizza ingredients that I bought earlier in the week. I used a pre-made Italian crust by Rustic Crust, pre-made pizza sauce in a jar, and Daiya cheese as one would expect. I decided to add some interesting toppings, so I sauteed some Frieda's soyrizo, an onion, and a bell pepper. I put sauce, a thin layer of Daiya, the sauteed toppings, and another layer of Daiya. I baked it until it was melty. Yummy!

IMG_0090-1-1

The other cheesy dish I made was the mac and cheese from The 30 Minute Vegan. There's a tiny bit of curry powder to give the sauce a kick. I liked that. I mixed in some microwaved peas and served this with the the remaining Frieda's cooked with another onion and pepper. This was simple enough to make, especially since I had almond milk left in the fridge from some baking. I'll post the baking adventures and the other things I've been cooking soon.

IMG_0097-1

No comments:

Post a Comment