Saturday, April 28, 2012

Radical Eats - Houston, TX

I was just in Houston this week for a postdoc interview. I found Radical Eats online before the trip, so I was determined to make it to the restaurant. Well, it's in an area where construction for the light rail has the middle of the road completely tore up. The lane was rather narrow, but there were signs marking businesses so I was able to know where to turn. I ordered a Mexican Coke (made with real sugar!), potato flautas, a black bean and chipotle tamale, and a fried avocado taco. They served a little container of free chips and I picked the hottest salsa for for dipping. They also had cookies from Sinfull Bakery, so I picked one for dessert. I loved the whole meal, enough to be content without eating so much I felt like I would burst. The shop was tiny and unusual, but full of character. Another table had selected some music, the ceiling tiles had an Asian dragon on them for some reason, and the other diners were a diverse bunch.
photo1-4 photo-11 photo3

No comments:

Post a Comment