Thursday, October 25, 2012

MoFo #25: Curried Chickpea Balls

These are called Curried No-Meat Balls in Vegan Fire & Spice. I cooked my chickpeas in the slow cooker on low while I was at work today. Then, I chopped everything using the food processor. The recipe calls for mashing the chickpeas with a potato ricer, which seems impossible. Maybe she meant potato masher? I baked the balls instead of frying them in oil. I decided to bake them so I could prepare some rice in the rice cooker and let the sauce simmer on the stovetop. This is a very simple and incredibly flavorful meal. The spice mixture used in the sauce made the kitchen smell like an Indian restaurant, since I let the spices toast before adding the other ingredients. I used So Delicious plain Greek-style coconut yogurt for the vegan yogurt since I couldn't find a plain soy yogurt last weekend. Robin Robertson sure knows her stuff, as evidenced by the fact that Amazon lists this cookbook as the #1 best seller in low cholesterol cooking!
IMG_0373 Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment